On 3/14/12 6:35 PM, Pid wrote:
If it didn't start, that would explain why you can't get it to respond.
What is the stacktrace?

So, just to finish this up, I got everything working Just Peachy. The failed deployment was why the app was not showing up in the end, but getting the Host entries in server.xml and getting the ROOT.xml stable were big components. I'll probably write up a blog post on this at some point.

My last question is is there a way to bring a vhost live without restarting Tomcat? I want to dynamically create vhosts programmatically (with scripts and the like) - I can drop the ROOT.xml all configured, and I can probably write a script to modify server.xml, but I can't just hup tomcat, can I? I have to bring it all the way down and back up again to make the new vhost live, correct?

Again, thanks to everyone for the help!

        -d