On 25.03.2012 23:55, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
Sent: Monday, 26 March 2012 8:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: chunked encoding

On 25/03/2012 08:54, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
[snip]

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunked_transfer_encoding
2. RFC 2616 (the specification of HTTP/1.1 protocol)
Thanks, I had also hoped to get a bit of debate on the !experimental! nature
of it in the connector

What makes you think it's experimental?

The documentation
"enable_chunked_encoding
A string value representing a boolean. If it is set to true, chunked encoding
is supported by the server.
A true value can be represented by the string "1" or any string starting with the letters "T" or "t". A false
value will be assumed for "0" or any string starting with "F" or "f". The default value is false.
This option is considered experimental and its support must be compile time
enabled. Use isapi_redirect.dll with chunked support enabled.
This directive has been added in version 1.2.27"

The feature was contributed by Tim and does no longer need a specially compiled binary since the change r910424 done by Mladen (released in version 1.2.30). Some minor bugs concerning chunking have been fixed since then.

I'd say we no longer consider this experimental, the docs just haven't been updated correctly. Will do right now (but this will usualy not become publically visible before the next release).

Thanks for the question / hint.

Regards,

Rainer