(Resending with mutt, hoping it will display better)

Reading the aio-docs for Tomcat 6 and 7 I see that some CometEvents to be
triggered "require usage of the
org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve valve".

Am I correct if I say that there are 2 configurations that need to be in place
to get CometEvents with subtype SESSION_END?
1. - adding to $CATALINA_BASE/conf/context.xml:
    <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve" />
    To *be able* for the Valve to even detect session-ends.

2. - adding to <webapplication>/WEB-INF/web.xml:
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve</listener-class>
    </listener>
    To *actually* let this Valve trigger the SESSION_END CometEvents.

I first assumed that only performing step 1 would be enough, but in my webapp I
only saw the SESSION_ENDs after also performing step 2.
Are my new assumptions correct? :-)

Thanks in advance and regards,
Willem Fibbe