On 03/29/2012 04:13 AM, Pid wrote:
On 29/03/2012 00:20, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
Hi Filip,

Thanks for your help.

It is an html file that is not in the same webapp.

Root URL for webapp: http://localhost:8080/myapp
Static resource URL being accessed: http://localhost:8080/static/index.html
Directory for static resource:
~/apache-tomcat-7.0.26/webapps/static/index.html
There's no guarantee that the 'static' application will have started by
the time the other application is trying to make the request.

Webapp is loaded using following file:
~/apache-tomcat-7.0.26/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context antiJARLocking="true" docBase="/home/najmi/myapp/target/myapp"
path="/myapp"/>
You don't need the path attribute here.

Stack trace:

ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] (HTMLUtility.java:88) - Error accessing url:
http://localhost:8080/static/index.html
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258)
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:687)
     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632)
     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1072)
That seems like an unusual design choice.  What is your goal?

My webapp dynamically loads jars in a specific directory during startup. These jars are for plugins for extension supported by by my webapp. Is there a better way to do this? Is there any way to start the static app before other webapps?

Thanks for your kind help.