The app sends massive emails to users with some info that requires
users to log on the webapp and fill in some forms. It seems
(without any logs or metrics) that people tend to fill the forms
right away after they got the emails and together with the mailing
process (that requires DB use to get email addresses) is exhausting
the maxthreads connections (300 as of yesterday which I have
increased to 400).
Are you running out of request processors (<Connector>  maxThreads) or
are you running out of database connections (<Resource>  maxActive)?
MaxThreads
Yes: log the timestamp of each access, then use one of the many fine
web server analysis tools to get a picture (literally) of your volume.
I have an access log with timestamps, which tool do you recommend to get an analysis?

Regards,

Miguel

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or
addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying
(either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received
this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.