I am running Tomcat 7.0.26 on Linux we received a lot of the following exceptions during load testing:

May 2, 2012 3:04:03 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor run
SEVERE: Socket accept failed
java.io.IOException: Too many open files
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:152) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor.run(NioEndpoint.java:784)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Is there something I can tune to remove this as a problem? My NIO+SSL connector is configured like this:

<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="800" scheme="https" secure="true" acceptCount="200" connectionTimeout="4000" acceptorThreadCount="2"
                keystoreFile="keys/tomcatkeys" keystorePass="VALUEREMOVED"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

During the test, we had created about 1,800 concurrent sessions, though I think many of those were active because of the exceptions kept the user's transaction from completing and when their session would end normally.

Thanks,
David