Pid <pid <at> pidster.com> writes:
> The basic point we're making is that you are twiddling the wrong knobs.

OK, good to know.

> If you want to handle more connections, increase the size of the thread
> pool that handles requests, don't increase the size of the queue of
> requests waiting to be handled.

This is what I set it to.  I am still getting random timeouts.

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="3000"
               connectionLinger="-1"
               acceptCount="100"
               maxThreads="2000"
               maxKeepAliveRequests="1"
               enableLookups="false"
               redirectPort="8443" />

I don't know if the timeouts are caused by running out of threads though, there
is nothing in any of the catalina logs to indicate that.

Is there any way to find out how many threads are being used at a given
moment?

> You might also consider implementing the Executor, if you're going to
> have a lot of threads.
>
>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/executor.html

There's only one app running on this tomcat, if that makes any difference.

thanks
-jsd-