Hi,

I am trying to setup custom error page and has done below modification to web.xml

<error-page>
<error-code>500</error-code>
<location>/errorback.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/errorback.jsp</location>

Then in errorback.jsp

I wrote the default hello jsp page and triggered 404 condition to check if setting are working fine,the above setting seems to be working fine in chrome/firefox but for some reasons IE is still showing up its own 404 message and aborting the further calls to my 404 page which I styled it some images and other things.

Now after further investigation, I came across a setting in IE9 where in there is checkbox to show friendly http error messages, if I turn this off, I get my error page else I dont get it.

Now I want to show custom error page to my users. Is their any workaround for this ? Ideally I would have expected IE to deliver what tomcat serves and in this case custom error page but its not happening when checkbox is turned on.

Is their any work around for this or I have to accept the whatever IE is doing ?