2012/5/31 Anjan Bacchu <anjan....@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
>  I've been a tomcat user for about 10 years -- starting with 3.x. So
> thanks the user and dev community for all the help.
>
> I recently tried moving our appserver from 5.5 to 7. as soon as I deployed
> our webapp to tomcat 7.0.27 and tried the app, I got a
> java.lang.VerifyError.
> down below is the stack Trace. this happens after I have entered the
> credentials to the login page and POSTing it to another jsp (ChLogin.jsp).
>
> I noticed that this error doesn't happen in tomcat 7.0.16 but happens in
> tomcat 7.0.19 and all the way to 7.0.27.
>
> Should I stay back with tomcat 7.0.16 OR can tomcat dev fix the bug so we
> get the latest /nicest version ?
>
> P.S : I downloaded the tar.gz version of tomcat and deployed it on RHEL 5.3
> on tomcat 1.6.0_26 all thru 1.6.0_31.

Where the code for ChLogin_jsp comes from?
Is it compiled by Tomcat when you first access it, or it is
precompiled in your web application?

Overall the error is odd.
If you tried different versions of Java or Tomcat, try to clear the
work directory so that the page is recompiled.

Does the examples webapp that comes with Tomcat work for you?

I wonder what the source code for ChLogin.jsp is, but it looks like a
compiler error.

Tomcat 7.0.27 uses Eclipse JDT Compiler 3.7.2.

You may try different versions of ecj-x.y.z.jar from older releases of
Tomcat, or directly from eclipse.org.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko