I am trying to build an android app that connects to tomcat web sockets.

I need a few java classes that can interact with tomcat websockets. I have tried 3 different implementations (strumsoft, jwebsockets and something else also) but neither one can talk to tomcat correctly.

The issue seems to be protocol incompatibility between tomcat as server and any existing java websockets client.

I even compiled jwebsockets swing based test client and that also cannot talk to tomcat. Surprisingly all javascript based clients can talk to tomcat, only java based cannot.

So having done all that research, I wonder if somebody can help me identify java classes that will work with tomcat. Does tomcat have a client jar I can use?

Help!