Mark,

I think it would be useful to get access to the session at least when you
are bootstrapping the web socket and creating the MessageInBound subclass
instance. It is very likely that a user will have accessed a web application
and logged in etc. prior to bootstrapping the websocket connection.
Therefore there's likely to be a whole bunch of useful context information I
want in my MessageInbound class when I create it.

Looking at the code it would be a simple change to pass Session into the
createWebSocketInbound(String subProtocol)  call.

Any chance we can get it added as a parameter, otherwise I'll have to hack
about with thread locals in the subclass of WebSocketServlet.

Cheers

Steve Millidge
Director
C2B2
The Leading Independent Middleware Experts.
W:  <http://www.c2b2.co.uk/> www.c2b2.co.uk |