This afternoon I did a reinstall at /usr/local
and still am not able to get it started.
No system links this time.
Interestingly enough I had to create a "log" directory.
Package did not include one.  Easy enough.
I'll try your new install recommend,  but I still like to know why it
won't load from /usr /local where "others" apparently have no problem.

Thanks again !

Samuel.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Christopher Schultz