On Jun 22, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Pid wrote:

> On 22/06/2012 16:09, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a committer of the Apache OFBiz project; OFBiz uses Tomcat 7.0.28 in
>> embedded mode.
>> While doing some profiling with Java VisualVM I have noticed that a lot of
>> object (java.util.TreeMap$Entry) are created even when there is no traffic;
>> they don't represent a memory leak because a garbage collection removes them
>> all, but the still grow at a very high pace; they seem to be generated by
>> JMX support in Tomcat.
>
> Can you explain a little about how you concluded that Tomcat's JMX
> support is responsible?

I am actually not sure if Tomcat is responsible for this (it could actually be
completely unrelated); I think it is related to JMX because I have found that
most of the objects are created in the following stack:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27850262/profiler-snapshot.png

Regards,

Jacopo