Hi,

no, putting log4j.xml (or log4j2.xml) + "log4j.jar" in the app is not
enough.
We had to put log4j.jar in <TOMEE_HOME>/lib and a log4j.xml in each
webapp/lib.

If we configure a class for logging in webapp A with its log4j.xml
the same class in webapp B also logs to the same logfile  despite different
configuration in this log4j.xml
The log4j.xml which is changed last "wins".

We found that you can only have one global log4j.xml for all apps.
Is this correct?
Is there no way to configure logging separately for each webapp?
Is there a way to enable child-first class loading instead of parent-first
class loading in TomEE?

Regards
Andreas