spec for validator says it goes in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF as well.

So, web.xml, ejb-jar.xml, beans.xml go in WEB-INF
validator.xml, persistence.xml, beans.xml go in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF

Sounds like what we really have is an issue for the EE spec to sort out the
proper place to put descriptors.

John