Well, it probably works on Tomcat7 because you have to drop in the
glassfish JSF runtime and JSTL.
Since TomEE ships with JSF, that shouldn't be done here.  However, looks
like they have some bad XML.  For example, the code tag here should be
escaped:

       <description>
         If this attribute is set to an instance of
         <code>oracle.adf.view.rich.model.PageTemplateModel</code>, the
view ID will be
         taken from the model and the model will receive notifications of
the starting and stopping
         of the template context. Otherwise, if the value is non-null the
value is assigned to the
         "bindings" EL variable while this template is rendering or
decoding.
       </description>