Greetings, I'm using Apache TomEE 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT machinery. The
tomee-maven-plugin does not respect the configuration option named
'config'. If I write a custom server.xml and drop it into the
parameter directory, TomEE still uses its own internal server.xml and
ignores my overrides.

You can see an example of this here:
https://github.com/jieryn/multiple-contexts-example

Run mvn install from root module, then tomee:start from the tomee
module. If tomee/src/main/tomee/conf/server.xml is respected, TomEE
will run on 9xxx instead of 8xxx port number scheme. I can even break
the server.xml itself by putting junk in it and make it non-parseable
xml, but TomEE doesn't use it and startup erroneously works just fine.

Any work around?