oups, message sent too quickly ...

SUPPORTS is usually fine as a default for "finder" methods.
As soon as there is no transaction, an entity is detached when returned by
the entity manager.
Even with SUPPORTS btw

When REQUIRED (or any transaction) is used, the entity remains attached and
managed my the persistence context till the end of the transaction by
default.

For an EPC in a Stateful, it's a bit different.
So I'd say you have the desired behavior as per the spec.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis