First of all, thanks Romain for recommending the following, and for that I
will gladly start a new thread. :)

TomEE/OpenEJB and failover of datasources[1]

which references

[OpenEJB] Dynamic Datasource[2]

but I found the following  TomEE example:

[TomEE] Dynamic Datasource Routing[3]

So, before I begin, my questions are as follows:

1. I recognized that failover[1] says that the idea is to 'reuse' dynamic
datasource. Does this mean that we should code openejb[2] or tomee[3]
dynamic datasource, first, and then reference accordingly via failover[1]?

2. or failover[1] requires no coding on our part? only developer needs to
setup the failover 'config'?

3. also, tomee[3] dynamic datasource routing recommends openejb.xml
(instead of tomee.xml). can openejb.xml cofiguration be placed in
tomee.xml, too, or not?

4. okay, never mind, I was abouto ask for some clarification about
META-INF/org.router/service-jar.xml, but I 'found' service-jar.xml on
trunk[4]. :)

[1]
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/tomeeopenejb-and-failover-of-datasources/

[2] http://tomee.apache.org/dynamic-datasource.html