I override the applicationName for the ear (application.xml) and the module
name for the ejb module (in ejb-jar.xml), and now with my own values (not
default) the ejb can be found!!    :)

Then i use the java:global[/*application name*]/*module name*/*enterprise
bean name*[/*interface name*]

Then:
ctx.lookup("java:global/MyApplicationName/MyModuleName/
UsersFacade!com.mypackage.ejbs.UsersFacadeLocal");

Done.

I dont know why with didnt work with the default values.

Thanks.

2013/12/23 Howard W. Smith, Jr. <smithh032...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM, José Luis Cetina <maxtorz...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Is there another way to get my ejb reference from a @FacesConverter?
>

> also, OmniFaces has the following, which you may want to try:
>
> http://showcase.omnifaces.org/converters/SelectItemsConverter
>
> i've seen many PrimeFaces users refer to this and recommend this. this may
> be able to meet your @FacesConverter need unless you really need to
> reference @EJB in @FacesConverter.
>
> If BalusC added this to OmniFaces, then it is definitely good to try/use.

*SCJA. José Luis Cetina*