Mailing lists are great for discussing matters but I've always found them
terrible at documenting things. If the questions on here were put on a web
site and answered there I'm sure more people would get the knowledge.

It is also important to distinguish between documenting JEE and documenting
TomEE. JEE has a really big learning curve and an equally large
architecture. For TomEE should be documented where it exceeds or fails to
meet the standards. There is no current documentation for instance covering
why the plus edition is not certified so we have no idea whether we are
missing something or doing something that will eventually need correcting
when using a future (compliant) server release.

Frankly I'd be pretty annoyed at having worked so long on a big release and
a month or so on the home page is _still_ advertising an old release as
latest! Where is the 1.6 release announcement?