I manually applied your patch found here:
https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/89a60459dd7ed72a560d

I confirm that this fixes the problem, and I can run tomee-embedded
with tomcat7-m-p:exec-war.

Maybe tomee-m-p should be taught how to do this? The java -jar
technique is quite powerful.

Thanks for your help!