Romain, I think there has been some [recent] discussion on this user/mail
list, and I think it was mentioned that there is 3 async thread/instances
in the pool, and/so it may be likely that @Stateless beans may be
used/referenced.

in the past, earlier versions of tomee [1.6.0 final and snapshot releases],
it seemed as though my @Stateless beans were referenced again and again,
and data retrieved from database via these @Stateless beans...were not
updated.

i'm using January 2014 version of tomee 1.6.1 snapshot, now, and i don't
see this behavior any more, and now my @stateless beans seem to be meeting
[my] expectations [now]. of course, i'm happy about that.