Andy,

I used NetBeans to develop my first Java EE 6 (JSF web) application.
Initially, I used Glassfish 3.1.x, and then migrated to TomEE
1.5.1-snapshot, and have been using TomEE 1.x ever since.

I usually just build WAR file and drop the WAR file from NetBeans 'dist'
folder into tomee/webapps folder...manually. I don't like hot deploy and
restart. i rather start and stop, drop WAR file, start, stop, ...

I usually have issues with NetBeans running my app in debug mode when
deploying to TomEE, so I avoid using debug mode  (no complaints here).

Thanks,
Howard