> hmmm, what do you mean, when you say that it was impossible to use the
> server? server == tomcat7 or tomee 1.x?

tomcat 7, I haven't started using tomee in production yet

> what do you mean when you say, removing the application with it from the
> server immediately solved the problem?

undeploying the war that had atmosphere-runtime

> application = WAR that includes primefaces + atmosphere-runtime JAR ?

yes

i think you were running atmosphere-runtime-native and primefaces 4 with
> tomcat7 (and not tomee 1.x), right?

yes

> i would assume that primefaces 5 + atmosphere-runtime-native will work,
> if/since primefaces 4 + atmosphere-runtime-native + your server/app config.

I thought so too, but it doesn't. From what I read today in the atmosphere
group, the native runtime is only required for "old" non-standard
websockets implementations, so I'll give atmosphere-runtime another try.

I think the server crash happened because the PrimeFaces socket component
doesn't validates the user browser, and I had a lot of clients with
old IE. Currently
I only render the socket component with the client browser supports
websocket.

Could you share your PrimeFaces socket component configuration?

Thanks