@Romain

If I need that the async job calls ejbs or make remote calls to e.g. web
services can I then do the following (pseudocode):

public class JobDispatcher {

  @Inject
  private Job job;

  @Inject
  private Executor executor;    //Executor from TomEE examples...

  public boolean submitJob() throws Exception {

    //For now just wait for the answer
    Future<Boolean> jobFuture = executor.submit(job);
    return jobFuture.get();
  }
}

public class Job implements Callable<Boolean> {

  @Inject
  private SomeEJB1 someEJB1;

  @Inject
  private SomeEJB2 someEJB2;

  public Boolean call() throws Exception {

    someEJB1.doWork();
    someEJB2.doWork();
  return true;
  }