On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Andy Gumbrecht <agumbre...@tomitribe.com>
wrote:

> What do your actual db tables and entities look like? Can you supply some
> details?
>
> Andy.
>

> On 22/01/2015 19:10, Howard W. Smith, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Collections work well when I check isEmpty(), but I'm not using that
>> notation. I'm still using eclipselink 2.3.2.

In my app,

ORDERS has Destinations, Origins, Customer, OrderCostDetails, etc...

destinations and origins have address
address has address lines, city, state, postal code (or zip code), country

So, what I was referring to, earlier, was the following comment in my
code[1] which is referenced when generating and doing processing related to
an 'annual report' of previous year data.

                    /*
                     * Using isEmpty() on collections, instantiates the
object; see below
                     * http://stackoverflow.com/a/12100628/933054[2]
                     */

EclipseLink isEmpty() showed up in jvisualvm[3] when I was doing some
performance monitoring of JSF pages in my app that is used by enduser to
develop this annual report.

[1] https://gist.github.com/8169ee34793a4babb502.git
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/a/12100628/933054
[3] http://s3.postimg.org/4vhkyquv7/20150112_perf_edit_Rolling_Stock.png