Hi

As far as I understood from previous discussions and from reading e.g.
JSR-109:

*Spec *says/allows

- Allows Stateless/Singleton EJBs to be exposed as WebServices

*TomEE *allows (in addition to the spec)

- Also allows a WebService to be annotated with any CDI scope (and possibly
also Stateful EJBs?)

I also understood from before (answer from Romain) that the default for the
CXF based WebService is for the container to create it using new ....();

=>

*Questions:*

1. Does the above imply that I need to annotate a WebService with
@Stateless or @Singleton (if following the spec) to be able to use CDI/EJB
Interceptors on it?
2. If I run TomEE I understand that I also can annotated the WebService
e.g. @ApplicationScoped to be able to use CDI/EJB Interceptors on it,
correct?
3. Maybe more of a CXF question but I try anyway, is there any way that I
in the onFault(...) method of a Logical/SoapHandler can see what Exception
caused the SoapFault? I would like to know this to be able to, for a
specific runtime exception, modify the FaultCode.

Ps. The way I do now is to use an interceptor on the WebService
implementation bean and there catch and possible rethrow some exceptions as
SoapFaultExceptions.
Ps2. For @WebFault annotated checked exceptions and most of the runtime
exceptions the above mentioned interceptor does nothing but rethrow

--
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Lars-Fredrik Smedberg

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: