If I get it..

You need to have something like DeltaSpike ProjectStage[1] where you have a
configuration for Development and another configuration for Production.

So, maybe you can create a different Produce for each stage.

Then with Alternative and Exclude annotations you can configure it.
I'm not expert in this module of the DeltaSpike, but.. I think that it can
be very useful for you. :)

If TomEE have some solution, really.. I don't know. :(

[1]
http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/core.html#Type-safeProjectStage

--
Best regard,