Okay, I just recognized that after searching internet, but I still wonder
why the code below works when I have one tomee (activemq) instance. Prior
to today, GoogleCalendarEvent did not need to implement Serializable.

    public void updateGoogleCalendar(List<GoogleCalendarEvent> eventsToAdd)
throws Exception {
        Message message = session.createMessage();
        /*
         *
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6904048/object-with-collection-containing-serializable-non-primitive-objects-cant-be-s
         */
        message.setObjectProperty("List<GoogleCalendarEvent>", eventsToAdd);
        gCalProducer.send(message);
    }