the timerstore need is mainly to handle the transactionality AFAIK and
doesnt assume anything about quartz or not. We can surely drop a part today.

Not sure what you mean by "persistent quartz timer are wanted", have to
admit I almost always use not persistent timers.

Do you try to solve a particular issue?

Romain Manni-Bucau