take care camelRest.SamplePersistenceManager ensures you will have issues
at some point. why not using @PersistenceContext support since you are in
tomee? If you dont want to use EE or Spring you will likely need to
implement a correct management of transactions and JPA component lifecycle
at least

then i think you miss the jtaplatform config if you dont use the container
to manage your persistence context (tomee does it otherwise):

<property name="hibernate.transaction.jta.platform"
value="org.apache.openejb.hibernate.OpenEJBJtaPlatform2" />

last note: c3p0 config is useless since the injected datasource is already
pooled

Romain Manni-Bucau