I'm afraid this did also work for me in WMQ 8 and TomEE 7.0.2, using the
8.0.0.7 rar jars. I've included my test app and config here:
https://github.com/jgallimore/jms-test. Happy to tweak the config if it
isn't representative of your setup and try again.

I hope my test app and config is at least some help.

Jon