I think that it is working if I define the datasource in tomee.xml.  Thanks
for you help.

I set it up with the the Static3DES cipher.  I'll try to swap it out for
something more obfuscated.

I can't see the data source in psiprobe when I define it in tomee.xml.  I'm
trying to debug it, I think that it's because PSI probe is looking for JMX
beans in  Catalina -> Resource -> ... , and when it find a datasource
defined in tomee.xml, the type attribute of that bean is
org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.DataSourceFactory.  I don't think that it
knows how to handle that.

When I define the datasource in context.xml, the bean in Catalina ->
Resource -> ... has the type attribute javax.sql.datasource, so the probe
can deal with that.

This probably isn't the right forum, but do you guys know how I can
monitor/manage the data source defined tomee.xml with psiprobe?  (or is
there another tool?).

Since i'm in a bit over my head, I really need some tools to poke around.  I
think that it's going to help me learn how to use this stuff.

Thanks again for all of the help!