Assuming you are using JPA, here is an example of a JTA persistence.xml in
your war/ear WEB-INF or META-INF:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd";>
    <persistence-unit name="SOME_NAME" transaction-type="JTA">

        <jta-data-source>jdbc/ANOTHER_NAME</jta-data-source>
        <exclude-unlisted-classes>false</exclude-unlisted-classes>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Then a connection pool in tomee.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tomee>
  <!-- see http://tomee.apache.org/containers-and-resources.html -->

  <!-- activate next line to be able to deploy applications in apps -->
  <Deployments dir="apps" />

<Resource id="jdbc/ANOTHER_NAME" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
jndi="jdbc/ANOTHER_NAME">

JdbcDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
JdbcUrl jdbc:mysql://_MYSQLHOST_/SchemaName
JtaManaged true
UserName _MYSQLUSER_
Password _MYSQLPASS_
DefaultAutoCommit false
DefaultTransactionIsolation 2
MaxActive 200
MaxWait 2500
MinIdle 20
MaxIdle 200
InitialSize 10
TestWhileIdle true
ValidationQuery select 1
TimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis 10000
MinEvictableIdleTimeMillis 180000
ConnectionProperties
useSSL=false;autoReconnect=true;failOverReadOnly=false;connectTimeout=1000;socketTimeout=130000
</Resource>
</tomee>

In Docker you can run the containers using --network=host so that the
containers bind to your host IP. Then TomEE should be on your host Ip and
port 8080 and MySQL on your host IP and port 3306

--

*Paul Carter-Brown*

*Group Chief Information Officer*

*Smile Communications Pty (Ltd)       *
Smile +234 (0) 702 000 1234
Mobile +27 (0) 83 4427 179
Skype PaulC-B
paul.carter-br...@smilecoms.com
www.smilecoms.com

--

This email is subject to the disclaimer of Smile Communications at
http://www.smilecoms.com/home/email-disclaimer/