Ah ok. Well I was asking if you were injecting when you took the thread
dump because from a server point of view I saw only one thread working.
If you were using jmeter with multiple virtual users, I was expecting to
see more than one thread working.

I'll double check.

@Singleton is by default using Lock WRITE which prevents multiple threads
to access the singleton.
If you don't need synchronization or if your code is thread safe (no
instance variables, etc). You can safely use @Singleton with Lock READ
which will be faster than @Stateless because there is no pool involved. And
again, there is no tuning to do

--