I may be totally wrong, but from what I see AMQ JNDI support is good for
standalone app that consumes the context programmatically while PSFT supports
only JNDI configuration using it's own properties files.
We tried to modify these  files to 'introduce' AMQ objects/JMS destinations to
PSFT with not much success.  I.e.
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory was registered  (I can
see it in the error stacktrace) and that's pretty much it. So, if anybody had
any positive experience configuring PSFT to use AMQ/Artemis destinations
without deploying dedicated JNDI server (or with it) - please share.

I'm not an expert in configuring JNDI for PSFT myself, just helping the guy
that maintains our PSFT to migrate from Sonic (provides full blown JNDI Service
out of the box) to AMQ/Artemis, but there is ridiculously small amount of
useful info available online, i.e.  so far I was able to find only this link
http://www.mypeoplesoft.com/m/discussion?id=6576243%3ATopic%3A15796 (that
documents some failing attempt to configure PSFT and Tibco).

AMQ seem to promote the use of jndi.properties file, not sure if PSFT would see
and consume it though. Just for sake of trying it I'm going to put  the
jndi.properties  into the PSFT classpath and see what happens.

There are no restrictions of how to add bindings in TomEE, whatever works
(remote PSFT can consume the context) we will use it.

Jon, you mentioned that 'bindings are controlled via system properties'  - is
there any related documentation?

Dmitry