The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has
invited Richard to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that
he has accepted.

Richard, a while back (yes I know) when I started contributing and I
eventually got invited to become a committer, David sent a wonderful
message[1] based on the well known proverb "It takes a village ... (to
raise a child)". I can't unfortunately compete with David's phrasing and
wonderful words, but believe me, I wish I could for you. But I'll try to
say it with my simple but honest frenchglish words.

I'm very proud to be writing this announcement on behalf of the Apache
TomEE PMC. You have been continuously contributing to the project, with
code, documentation, examples and most important, helping out users and
other potential committers.

You have the Apache way and I'm glad you accepted the invite.
It's our committer responsibility to enable others to contribute and again
I think you have been doing great.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
to guide the direction of the project.

Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.

[1]
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/It-takes-a-village-Jean-Louis-td988516.html#a988522

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro