No. It was discussed on the vote for 8.0.8 but should be a subject for
8.0.9 imho.

We have a production system (simple JSF webapp + JAX-RS - nothing
complicated) running with J16 for a few weeks now (before 8.0.8 - it
was a custom 8.0.8-SNAPSHOT build...). It was required to add --
illegal-access=permit to the configuration but worked fine. Did not do
any tests with 17, yet.

Gruss
Richard