Hi to all list users,

This is my first time here and I'm quite a newbie to djbdns & vegadns. My
questions are to do with name servers setup when using vegadns, I have built
this server for a school to use in there internal network (dns server will
not be queried from the internet).

My djbdns setup is tiny is on my eth0 10.0.0.1, ext_dnscache is on 10.0.0.2.
I will set all the PC's on the network to query ext_dnscache 10.0.0.2 to
resolve internal domain names.

This is working, when I create a new domain you must enter a primary
nameserver which can be a domain name or an IP, as I understand this I would
enter tinydns IP in there (10.0.0.1), is this correct?

Now when I now create the rest of the zone stuff mail.mydomain.tst etc I
must create a NS record here, you can not enter the IP of the NS (tinydns IP
same as the one in the primary names server).

Should I create a domain name for tinydns IP 10.0.0.1 so I can enter that
domain name into the NS record im mydomain.tst?

I assume if this is the case and I copy the cdb file to a slave machine, I
would need to add another NS record to and a domain name pointing to the IP
of tiny on the slave machine?

As you can see I'm a bit of a novice and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I hope this makes sense

Many Thanks

Paul