here is what i do... i use the animator.js lib

ajaxlink.onclick(target) { SuccessFlash flash=new SuccessFlash();
c1.add(flash);
c2.add(flash); target.addcomponent(c1); target.addcomponent(c2); }

see code below

-igor

public class AbstractAnimation extends AnimatorResources {
    private List<Component> components;

    @Override
    public void bind(Component component) {
        super.bind(component);
        if (components == null) {
            components = new ArrayList<Component>(1);
        }
        components.add(component);
    }

    protected List<Component> getComponents() {
        if (components == null) {
            return Collections.emptyList();
        } else {
            return Collections.unmodifiableList(components);

    @Override
    public boolean isTemporary() {
        return true;

public class SuccessFlash extends AbstractAnimation {

    @Override
    public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response) {
        super.renderHead(response);
        for (Component component : getComponents()) {
            response.renderOnLoadJavascript(Animator.Javascript.flashSuccess
(component));