hmm, its still pretty difficult to tell what is going on.

how about a quickstart that reproduces the problem.

you want to have an ajax tabbed panel where the number of tabs is variable,
so when you recalculate the number of tabs why not simply replace the
tabbedpanel with a new instance and add the new instance to the ajax target.

-igor