my border handles multiple formcomponetns if they are meant to be grouped.
for example you can add 3 textfields and it will create labels like:

city/state/zip [text1][text2][text3] errors for text1/text2/text3

i have a utility method in my Form subclass addWithBorder(String borderid,
FormComponent... fcs)

so my code usually looks like:

addWithBorder("nameborder", new
TextField("name").setRequired(true).setLabel(new ResourceModel("user.name
"));
and in markup: <div wicket:id="nameborder"><input type="text"
wicket:id="name"/></div>

the border will then generate
/> [any errors]</td>

unfortunately i can post the code for it, but it isnt very complicated

-igor