im not sure exactly what your usecase is.

we have something that is kind of similar, namely new TextField("number",
Integer.class); which would type convert the entered string into an Integer
and error out if the conversion could not be performed.

but i dont think this is the exact match to whatever it is you are trying to
achieve.

-igor