Unfortunately, that's an assumption that many people make. But say
that you're not worried about optimizing and one session means about
100kb (on the high side, as with optimizing in my experience you
should be able to bring that to 15-30kb)... That means you can support
10,000 concurrent sessions with one gig of RAM.

If the application and VM don't use any memory themselves that is :o)
I'm not that bothered about memory usage by the way. When a webapp is distributed over multiple servers, the session data needs to be serialized between the different servers. That's the main reason I try to keep as little data on the session as possible.

It's ok to be a control freak about it. But you should measure, not go
by your hunch. :)

You're right of course.
But since I'm currently learning, I can't help wondering at each step where the data gets stored magically. Likely that will go away once I know my way around Wicket. It's also not a complaint, just part of getting to know the best way of doing things.

Best thing about both is that they are component oriented frameworks.
Big improvement over model 2 frameworks imho.

I fully agree :o)

regards,

Onno