* Ryan Sonnek:

> I'd really need  to see this to believe it.   Can you really use
> this kind  of component without it  being a page?  Using  a page
> allows for bookmarkable URLS,  mount points, easy page parameter
> passing,  all of  which I  use  *extensively* to  create my  rss
> feeds. someone  will have to prove  me wrong if this  can be all
> done without using a page.
>
> If you have an idea for a way to have the exisiting API work and
> make it more extensible, I'm all ears.

You're right, there's a misunderstanding.  I thought of a RSS
aggregator where you display a feed converted to HTML in a
Component.

But your example is about *serving* the feed...  Then I'm a bit
puzzled!  What is the advantage of using a Wicket WebPage for
this?  Why don't you just stream it as an IResourceStream?

IMO WebPage and the whole great Wicket component hierarchy is
about user interaction, not about streaming machine-to-machine
resources.

WDYT?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot