On 8/27/07, Thomas Singer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Your best bet on getting quick support is to fix it yourself and send
> > in a patch.
>
> Well, if that would be possible, I would have done that or worked around
> it
> myself (like done with some own components).
>
> > http://www.wicket-support.com/
>
> Sorry to say, but I hate websites where you can't find an address on it.

I think the email address is quite obvious.

What Wicket core developer can provide support (e.g. because (s)he is
> working in the mentioned companies)? Or are you "only" working in your
> spare-time on Wicket?

Please understand me: I had a good feeling about Wicket, but this
> show-stopper problem makes me feel a little bit sick, because I don't know
> whether there are other such problems which prevent using Wicket for our
> website at all.

Ever heard of open source?  Just think about it a little. You have a product
that a group of people spend lot of time developing and they are giving it
to you for free. So now just because your problem haven't been fixed in 10
hours, you feel "sick" about it?

BTW, I still have the feeling, that if Wicket provides a feature to download
> something large (except normal pages), it must not block until this file
> is
> downloaded. My co-worker told me (I haven't verified), that he stopped the
> download and this also blocked Wicket. He had to restart Tomcat!

It blocks only if that is a component request (it blocks on pagemap). If you
have large files you need to use shared resources that don't block. Also the
block is only one pagemap only (thus one session) and it lasts only for a
minute. No need to restart tomcat server.

-Matej