so far i have heard a bunch of bitching but very little in the way of
concrete suggestions.

what are we to provide? a prebuilt project for eclipse? a prebuilt project
for netbeans? a prebuilt project for idea? a prebuilt project for jedit? a
prebuilt project for ant? a prebuilt project for make? a prebuilt project
for buildr? a prebuilt project for foo?

this is why we opted for maven, at least it can generate projects for all
the major ides so we dont have to worry about it ourselves. the barrier to
entry is incredibly low imho as it is - defined on our quickstart page of
the website.

1) install maven2 - 5 minutes
2) run maven command to generate the project: 1 minute
3) run maven command to generate ide setup: 1 minute

seven minutes and you have a project you can run inside your ide, or package
into a war, or run from a command line with mvn jetty:run.

-igor