we're just quibbling over what "stored in the session" means.  if we mean
(as it seems obvious i did) "is it reachable through the wicket session on
the web node and does it take up memory on that node" then yes it is in some
sense it is "stored in the (wicket) session" (it's there in the debugger and
taking up session-associated resources).  if on the other hand we mean (as
it's obvious you did) "is it is part of the (container) replicated session,
as reconstructed from disk or on other web nodes via serialization" then
it's obviously not "stored in the (container) session" because nothing
transient can ever be serialized by definition.  we were just talking past
each other.