I have a fairly large project working that users Spring/Hibernate with Wicket
Spring annotations but was built using eclipse ide with manual specified
dependencies. We want to move to Maven but I am having a hell of a time at
it. The generate war contains many duplicate jars (different versions) and
am not sure how to figure out where they are coming from.

I assume that I have to specify proper exclusions. Does anyone have hints,
advice, etc. that would point me in the right direction. I can see the
future benefits of Maven but need to get over the inital hump.

-Mike